Walking Bus Update
New 'Walking Bus' route
The school is looking to start a new ‘Walking Bus’ route in the Brixham area for our pupils. We are asking parents/carers to let us know which roads they would like the new route to include, and if they would be interested in using this service. Once replies have been collated, we will aim to inform families of a new proposed route on the week commencing Monday 1st April 2019, with a plan to begin collections from after the Easter holidays on Wednesday 24th April 2019. The weekly cost will be £3.50 per child, or £5.00 for two siblings. Please note that the minimum age for pupils to use the service will be 4 years. Some of the benefits of our ‘Walking Bus’ include:
- Increased daily physical activity.
- Improved road safety habits, confidence and independence.
- Reduced traffic congestion around the school at pick up/drop off times.
- Reduced pupil absence and lateness due to transportation challenges.
- A positive social opportunity for pupils to meet and engage with other children.
It is a legal requirement for all members of the ‘Walking Bus’ to wear high visibility jackets, with at least 2 staff members escorting the children.
To express an interest in using the ‘Walking Bus’, email email@example.com, or leave your child’s name and address details at the main office.